These cards should have hit mailboxes many days ago, so I wanted to share our 2011 Christmas card on the blog! If you didn't get one, I do apologize...I was working with our wedding address list, so I'm sure I overlooked some. No hard feelings, promise!!
Anyway, I used Shutterfly for our cards again this year, and I love the way they turned out! My favorite cards are bright and cheerful. And of course, I was so excited to get to include a baby girl in ours this year. I cannot believe she'll be the 8-month-old star of the show next year :)
Hope you like it!
Now for some Christmas fun in the way of a survey...
I saw this on Katie's blog and thought it sounded like a fun little addition to this post.
Play along if you'd like!
1. Egg Nog or
Hot Chocolate? I like both, but I'd have to say hot chocolate with LOTS of mallows!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When we were kids, Santa always set up (or set out) our big gift and the rest were wrapped. Santa always left a couple gifts for us (plus stockings) and the rest were from mom & dad.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights on the tree, and I like either on houses.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I haven't before...maybe I should.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to have time to enjoy them!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ohh, I love it all! Seriously, I don't think I can pick one...they're all yum.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember. Obviously it was a traumatic experience! ;) Ha
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do Christmas with Rob's mom on Christmas Eve, but with my family, no. We save it all for the main event!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our tree is really colorful...all jewel tones and lots of glittery silver! I love a FULL tree, and our's is definitely that.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! But we don't see much of it where we live, so that's why I love it so much. I'm sure if I lived in it all the time I wouldn't love it. We have a chance of snow today and Christmas Eve! YAY!
12. Can you ice skate? I haven't done it in a long time, but I could as a child, yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? In middle school I got my own phone line...I obviously thought that was AWESOME. As a child some of my favorites were littlest pet shop, Betsy Wetsy, and BARBIES!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and truly celebrating the birth of our Savior. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, but it's so important to us to remember the reason we're celebrating.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Probably pumpkin pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Waking up Christmas morning, have a yummy breakfast with lots of coffee, Christmas music playing in the background, and being with my family.
17. What tops your tree? A glittery silver whimsical star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love both, but there's nothing better than seeing someone's reaction to a great gift!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I could take 'em or leave 'em.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Elf, Serendipity, The Holiday, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone
21. Favorite Christmas song? ANY song on the Amy Grant Christmas album. Love them all!