Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Celebrating Dad

Tonight, we celebrated one of my favorite guys....my daddy, of course! He's not going to be here for Father's Day, so the family got together tonight for a BBQ.


My dad is a special guy, and I absolutely adore him! He's made quite the impression on Rob too...
A little side note: my dad did not speak to Rob the first night they met...he didn't like the fact that his little girl (15 at the time) was "hanging out" with this older (18 at the time) guy who happened to be a little bit bigger than him ;) Now these two are big buds! I love the fact that my dad and my husband get along so well. Rob actually lost his dad when he was very young, so to see him have such a special relationship with my dad means the world to me.

Here they are dancing (or something) at our wedding....


I have a lot to be thankful for!

Thanks, dad, for all that you do! You keep me smiling, laughing, and, of course, rolling my eyes! I love you lots, and I'll always be your little girl!


In my dreams,
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky, in my heart
There will always be a place for you, for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me,
And everywhere I am,
There you'll be.
And everywhere I am,
There you'll be.

Well you showed me how it feels
To feel the sky within my reach,
And I always will remember all the strength you gave to me
Your love made me make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you,
You were right there for me

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you now for all the ways
You were right there for me
You were right there for me
For always...


-Faith Hill, There You'll Be.....Father/Daughter dance from my wedding :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet tribute to your dad! I LOVE the song you and your dad danced to on your wedding day...I danced to Surfer girl LOL...my dad is a crazy 65 year old surfer..it was only appropriate! You have a great blog and your wedding pics are beautiful!

Thank you for sharing.
-Ashley-

Anonymous said...

Very nice KT girl:) It's a blessing to Mom and I to have children like you and KB. I love you. Thank you for your story, it is very sweet.

Love always,
Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...