Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reminders.

Don't you love when God gives you a little reminder of why you're doin' what you're doin'? Did that make any sense at all? I'll explain...

Football season can get a little challenging for me at times. I miss my hubby. I selfishly want him to just be able to hang out with me. Sundays are lonely. I don't have kids that are missing their daddy, but I know that's also a challenge for the mommas that do.

Tonight, Rob came home and told me about a conversation he had with one of his players today...it went a little something like this...

Kid: Coach, are you married?
Rob: Yes...
Kid: Do you have kids?
Rob: No...
Kid: Well do you want kids?
Rob: Yeah, sure...some day.
Kid: Would you ever adopt me?
Rob: Sure, I'd adopt you if you didn't have a place to go.

Rob said the kid's face just lit up when he told him that he'd adopt him if he needed to and that he seemed totally surprised that Rob said yes.

The reality of this particular situation is that the kid does have a home and does not need to be adopted, but it just made me appreciate Rob so much. It reminded me of why we are doing this. A lot of these kids do not have positive male influences in their lives, and coaches often play that role. These young men really look up to their coaches...for acceptance, for love, for advice, for discipline, for stability, and for guidance. Rob is doing so much more than simply turning them into good football players. It's easy to get caught up in the busyness of this time of year, so I'm thankful for these little reminders from the Lord to be grateful for the honorable man He has blessed me with. I could not be any prouder of my hubby!



"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." --Romans 12: 9-13

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is one of the most touching things. How sweet of that little boy to even ask such a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...