Monday, February 13, 2012

saturday lovin'!

We've come to the realization that our weekends of 'just the two of us' are numbered, (about 8 left, to be exact) so we decided to have a date day on Saturday. We went to a nearby town and just enjoyed being together. A perfect day in my book! We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but it was so enjoyable. We strolled through stores, had dinner at one of our favorites, Pei Wei, with some sweet friends, then saw a movie and hit up Starbucks.
 Neither one of us could tell you the last movie we saw in a theater together, and we hadn't even been to a movie at all since last summer. I guess it's not really 'our thing,' but we decided to see The Vow. I, of course, am always up for a romance movie, but surprisingly, it was Rob's idea. I think he just knew it'd make me happy ;) The movie was....okay. It was pretty slow at times, and the ending left a lot to be desired. The story is still really sweet, (and sad...duh) but I think the movie could have definitely been better! All in all, I'd say this one is a renter.

We are over-the-moon excited about welcoming our baby girl into this world, but I'm sure we will miss weekends like this one, so I'm glad we're savoring them while we have them. It's funny how almost 4 years of marriage has passed by so quickly. It doesn't feel like almost 9 years ago that I first met Rob, and now we're having a baby! We've kid each other many times that "we're not old enough to be parents!" But I guess we are. Wow. We are abundantly blessed. I love you, baby-daddy.

Whew. Now that this has turned into a sap-fest love post...


Hope you had a great weekend, too! 
We have a lot of fun planned for this week, so I'll be back to share that! 
Have a good Monday ;)

7 comments:

Mateya said...

Glad you guys had a nice little weekend together. I really want to see the movie, but I'm happy to know that if I don't get to it before it leaves theatres that it won't be the end of the world :)

Ketrin Jones said...

aw glad yall had a fun weekend together!! enjoy these last weeks as a couple because yall are about to be a famillyyyy!! so excited!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How fun! I love Saturdays like that!! I can't wait to see The Vow, I love me some Channing Tatum

Michelle said...

what a wonderful weekend!

Heather said...

I felt the same about the Vow! And I'm glad y'all had a pre-baby weekend!

Beth Ann said...

I remember all those same feelings! It is hard to believe that you will be parents...and even after you are it is hard to believe! I just told Shon tonight that I can't believe that I AM Holden's MOM!

Continue to savor the weekends. A movie sounds great...we used to go a lot. ;)

Beth Ann said...

PS- need to see that belly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...