Well, here we are again...another month!
Once again, I simply can't believe it; I think this has been the fastest month yet. Jaqsy, you are getting to be such a big girl and learning new things all the time. You keep us on our toes in the best possible way, little lady!
|hands are ALWAYS in your mouth!|
|such a ham these days!|
|you have the cutest expressions :)|
At 5 months old:
- You've had a lot of changes in the feeding department this month. We still battle the reflux, I'm sad to say, but your Zantac seems to keep it under control and manageable. You had your first taste of formula a few weeks ago, and now you're mostly eating that. You still have some breast-milk in your diet from what I had stored, but I quit pumping. This has been really hard on me, (a post all its own) but I'm starting to let go of the mommy guilt. You don't seem to care one way or the other, and I know it will be fine. You will be on just formula by 6 months.
- You had your first taste of REAL food, and you're loving it! I'm making gluten free oatmeal for you in case you have Celiac disease like your mama, but I'm praying this is not the case! I don't want you to have to worry about these things later on, but we've definitely got the gluten free diet down should that be the case.
- You also tried your first veggie just this week: PEAS! You gobbled them right down without hesitation, so I think it's safe to say you LOVED them! I'm proud of you as I am not a fan of peas on their own ;) We're excited for you to taste all kinds of veggies then fruits in the coming weeks/months.
- You usually take 5 bottles (28-32 oz/day total) a day, but sometimes you sneak a 6th in there. You eat oatmeal and now a veggie at dinner time!
- Your bedtime routine is still the same, except you've moved it up a bit on your own. We usually get things going around 7:15, and you're asleep by 8. You are a DREAM baby when it comes to going to sleep at night, and we're so grateful for that...please don't ever stop, okay? You have still been getting up around 5 a.m. ready to eat, but you always go right back to sleep when you're done. You're usually up for the day between 8 & 9.
|this was after 12 hours with no wake-ups....PROUD!|
- Bath-time ends in mommy and the kitchen floor being soaking wet now. Wow, baby girl, you can SPLASH! You end up with half the water you started with!
- Napping....hm. Well, it's hard to say what you're up to with this because it's been SO inconsistent. I'm working hard to get you in a routine, but some days, you're just not having it. You take 2-3 naps a day, but how long they'll be is anyone's guess!
|your latest nap-time trick ;)|
- I'm starting to wonder if you're working on something in that mouth of yours because you have really been pulling at your gums lately. I suppose it could be that you just discovered them...only time will tell!
- You are rolling from tummy to back, but you don't do it all the time. You are also starting to work on rolling from back to tummy; you throw your legs to one side or the other and end up halfway on your side!
- You found your toes! Your feet are up in the air and kicking ALL the time! You can kick pretty hard, actually. Your favorite things to kick are the toys attached to your play mat, which you're still enjoying, by the way!
- You still love to stand, so the jumperoo is getting plenty of use! You are getting really good at hitting the toys to make the music and lights come back on!
- You have become such a little HAM, and I love it! Everywhere we go, you're smiling at strangers, and you're giggling all the time. It's adorable! We can pretty much get a smile out of you any time we want...which is all the time :) This is perfect for the hundreds of pictures I take of you!
- You have also become pretty ticklish. We know your tickle zones and we "get you" all the time!
- You spend a lot of time on your tummy these days, and you push up so high off the ground! Shockingly enough, you seem to enjoy your tummy now! Such a big girl.
- You could take or leave the paci a lot of the time, but you do want it to nap some. You do like playing with it, though!
- You love the same toys as before, but I have to monitor you when you've got a hold of the rattle. You've bonked yourself in the head and made yourself cry a time or two :( It's quite pathetic!
- You don't have another doctor appointment until next month, but according to our scale at home, you weigh 14.2 lbs. I think you're probably 25ish inches long.
- You're still in size 2 diapers, but we'll start buying 3's when we run out of what we have. They're getting pretty snug on your chunky legs!
- You're still in mostly 6 month clothing and 9 month sleepers.
We're overwhelmingly grateful for you, angel baby. We thank God every day for the blessing that you are and the joy you bring to our lives!