Monday, October 22, 2012

Chalkboard Gift Tags

Back again to link my Pinterest projects up with AP for her Monday link-up!
I saw these chalkboard gift tags via Etsy; I thought they were adorable and would add a little something extra to our Christmas packages this year.
I showed them to a couple of my girlfriends, and we decided to have a little paint party while the guys were working yesterday. I found my tags at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas crafts section. They have holes in them already and are meant to be ornaments for kids to craft. I got snowflakes and Christmas trees :)
Only an iPhone pic, so it's terrible quality...FAIL. Sorry.
We just painted a couple coats of black chalkboard paint on them...seriously the easiest project ever, but so cute! The best part is that they be used over and over!

*********

I also made a few recipes from Pinterest this week; some hits and some misses in my opinion. My thoughts:

*One Dish Chicken & Veggie Bake-this was incredibly easy to make and pretty good considering the effort. Certainly not the BEST thing I've ever made, but I'll definitely do it again if I need something quick & easy.

*Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice-about the same as above. GREAT for the amount of effort that went into it and tasty!

*Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles-these were yummy! Rob loved them. We had them with a honey-soy salmon thing that I made up with what we had on hand.

*Copy-cat Pumpkin Spice Latte-this was DELISH! I'll definitely do this one again. Talk about a money (and calorie) saver!

*Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas-one word: GROSS! Won't make them again. Probably the only place garbanzo beans & I will meet again is in hummus. 


********

One last thing: I have a fun little giveaway coming up tomorrow, I'd love if you came back and checked it out! Hoping it won't be a complete bust ;)


Happy (?) Monday!

7 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

those gift tags are ADORABLE and such a great idea! i think you've inspired me to make them for this year's presents! Love it! thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

Mommy Mandy said...

I like your tags way better than the Pinterest ones...way more festive!

Mateya said...

What a cute idea!

I'm going to have to try that PSL recipe. I pinned it, just have to find the time now :)

Stephanie said...

I love the chalkboard gift tags!!! So clever and very easy!

Kar @allmylove.mommy said...

I roasted chickpeas with cinnamon sugar and olive oil. Not a huge hit. I thougt you were gonna say WIN when you said honey, but I guess that didn't help either haha. I roasted mine too long so they dried out too much. We also tried a spicey roasted chickpea with olive oil and chili powder.

Cute idea with the chalkboard tags... totally reusable and I love that!

Loren said...

Your blog just makes me happy!! The snowflakes were so cute and those Spicy Thai Noodles look delicious! Going to have to try that!!

Megan Wait said...

I love those gift tags, so creative and unique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...