Jaqs! Just what do you think you're doing turning EIGHT months old?? You have changed a lot this month, and people are even starting to say you're looking more "toddler" to them. I adore watching you grow and learn, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss your baby snuggles. Nonetheless, this month has been the most fun! I wish I could even begin to describe the love I have for you, angel; you are such a gift!
At EIGHT months old:
- Your sleep schedule is still the same. You go to bed around 7:30-8 and sleep until 8 or 9. The reason for those night wakings we were experiencing last month turned out to be teeth!
- You're still napping twice a day, usually totaling 3-4 hours.
|i'm up! come get me!|
- You sleep with an Aden & Anais lovey, and it's usually covering your face.
- You are still taking 4 bottles of 6-8 ounces a day plus 2 meals of solids. We will work on adding lunch in this month!
- We have also been working on adding in finger foods, but you're not really "getting" it just yet...mostly you like to play with whatever we give you. Playing in your high chair might be one of your favorite things!
- You have tried and loved even more foods this month. At the top of the list of favorites is yogurt! You even eat plain Greek yogurt. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by that considering I can't even eat it on its own!
- As I said before, you got your first tooth this month! The first one came through, and the 2nd was through about 2 days later, so now you have both bottom teeth! What a big girl! You really took teething very well this time around. You only had one bad night where you were up a lot but were fine otherwise. I hope we can say the same for the next set!
- You are officially ON THE MOVE. As of yesterday, one day shy of your 8 month birthday, you started crawling! WHAT?! You can't get very far just yet, but I'll bet you'll have it down within the week.
- You've been able to roll for awhile now, but you finally realized that it could get you anywhere you wanted to go this month. Keeping you in one place is impossible! This makes changing your diapers and clothes pretty interesting. Much like wrangling a wild pig, I imagine ;)
- You love to stand and can do so pretty well when holding on to the couch or something else stable. You're working hard on pulling up!
- You jabber, screech, and even growl ALL day long! You have so much to say, and you are pretty passionate about most of it. Still no "mamas" or "dadas," BUT you do say what sounds like "Rob" and "Bob" a lot. It cracks me up even though I know there's no association with it! Already on a first name basis with daddy, what are you, 16? :)
- When you're sleepy, you make this really sweet "goy, goy, goy" sound, but only if your paci is in. It's so precious, and we know a nap or bedtime isn't far away when we hear that! Here's a short clip of it...
- Bath-time has been interesting lately...not your favorite thing right now because we don't let you roll around in the tub. Ha!
- You are a total ham for our iPhones! You almost always start smiling the minute I hold it up whether I'm taking your picture or not. Cheesy girl. My big camera or a photographer on the hand? Not so much.
- You still LOVE playing peek-a-boo. You hide your face all the time!
- You are still not a huge fan of bows. If it's on a headband, it won't last more than a few seconds, but sometimes I can sneak the clippies in on you for awhile!
- You continue to love being on the go, and you always take your best naps after running a couple errands with us!
- You and daddy had your first FULL day of just the two of you! He loved it, and I'm certain you did too. I missed you while I was away and just wanted to scoop you up from your crib when I got home. Oh, and of course he dressed you like the most precious baby boy I ever saw ;)
- You also had you first day of "work"! I subbed for a bit at my old job, and you came with me. You had a lot of fun being the center of attention in an office full of people!
- You get a kick out of the weirdest things: tooting lotion bottles, burps, and bugging our eyes at you will get you every time? Haha
- You have started laying your head down on our shoulders (for a milli-second) when you get sleepy. It's the sweetest, and I love it so much when you "give us hugs." You even fell asleep on me once this month, and I ate it up for awhile before finally laying you down.
- You've also started patting us, but you're not very gentle about it right now :) In fact, there's not much that is "gentle" about you! You love beating on your toys and tearing anything you can get your hands on up. It's earned you the nickname "Brut." Sorry in advance for that one. Hopefully it's temporary!
- Your personality continues to blossom, and we're noticing that you're pretty persistent and strong willed when it comes to getting what you want. No idea where that came from ;) Even though I'm sure it will cause some head-butting down the road, I love your spunk! Never settle!
- You shake your head "no" like crazy! You're not associating it with anything I don't think, but you get on a roll with that.
- You still have gorgeous, blue eyes!
- You have definitely slowed down on the weight gain, but I'm sure that's to be expected with all the busy-ness. You weigh about 18.5-19 pounds (55%), and I think you're about 28 inches (75%) long. Kind of hard to get a good measurement on you right now!
- You are in 9 month clothes for the most part & 12 month sleepers.
- You wear a size 3 diaper during the day and size 4 at night.
Jaqsy Pea, I have no idea how daddy and I ever lived without you! Sometimes it feels like we never did, actually. You bring endless joy and constant laughter into our home. It really is so much fun to be YOUR mommy, and I thank God for you all day, every day. We love you to the moon and back. Ten times.