Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Guest Post: On Being a BOY-mom!

I'm so happy to have Mateya posting in my absence today! She was one of my first "blog-friends," and I truly feel like I know her. Our kiddos are close to the same age, so I love sharing stories and advice with her. Plus, we're both married to Roberts ;)

*****

Hey guys it's Mateya from The Best is Yet to Come! For those of you who don't know me, I'm wife to my farmer husband, Robbie, and mama to our sweet boy, Hayden who just turned 1!  
I'm so excited that Katie has asked me to guest post for her while she's busy soaking up the sun.  Katie's been a great friend to me for a couple years now and I'm so grateful that blogging brought us together. I hope she's enjoying an umbrella drink for me! 

All my life I envisioned that when I had babies they would be girls.  I'm a girly-girl and I just couldn't imagine what I would do with a BOY! I saw pink and giant bows, and shopping trips, and slumber parties.  

The moment I found out I was pregnant, I knew in my heart that the sweet little miracle I was growing was going to be a boy.  I think the Lord began preparing my heart for what it would be like to have a son from the very beginning.  As time went on I got so excited about the thought of being a boy mom.  People always talk about the love and special bond between a mother and their son(s) and I started to get really excited for it. Sports, trucks, dirt, animals...I was ready and I couldn't wait! 

Let me tell you, having a son has truly been the greatest joy! I love that little boy more than I could have ever imagined and now I can't imagine ever having a girl!  Funny how that works, isn't it?! :)

We live in South Dakota so the weather takes awhile to warm up, but once it does it is WARM.  We've been patiently waiting for it to warm up so we could be outside more.  Hayden LOVES to be outside and gets so upset when we have to go in.  Poor child :)

He isn't quite walking yet, so outside play can get kind of tricky, but his favorite thing to do is push his little John Deere tractor.
He would push that thing forever if we let him. He also got a great climber and wagon for his birthday which we have yet to test out!

And he loves our dog.  And our dog, Redick, is such a trooper.  She lets Hayden poke her in the eyes, stick his finger up her nose, pull her hair, you name it. 
We take lots of walks and roam around our farm.  He loves seeing the cows, tractors, and trucks.  Typical boy.   

We're also looking forward to taking Hayden to the zoo and the pool. Last summer he was a newborn and it was unbearably hot so we didn't really get out of the air conditioning much.  

I'm excited to keep learning and growing as a boy mom.  Lots of baseball, swimming lessons, scraped knees, and boo-boos are headed our way and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited.  

What summer/outdoor things do you have planned with your little ones?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...