Wednesday, February 26, 2014

midweek ramblings

 Hey y'all! I hope you're having a great week so far. All's well over here except for the fact that the weather can't make up its mind...shocker! Last week we were enjoying perfect, sunny weather, and today we're cooped up inside with temps in the 30s and rain...BOO. I guess that just how it goes this time of year, isn't it? I definitely have some Spring Fever though!

I wanted to pop in and share some randomness with y'all. Basically the state of my mind as of late!
TL: Jaqs has been hauling "meow" with her everywhere lately! She had him in the car the other day, and I overheard her saying, "I lahve yew, meow!" Sweetness.
TR: My world has been rocked! Red Robin officially has gluten free buns. I haven't had a REAL burger since going GF in 2009, so this is revolutionary!! ;) It passed the test...I felt great after eating it. Well, except for normal cheeseburger fatiness, of course.
BL: Jaqs was hamming it up for some selfies...silly girl! Her smile is my favorite.
BR: As most of you know, we're at my parents' house right now while we're in between houses, and I think it's safe to say J is eating up. Girlfriend is going to be bored to tears when it's back to dear ol' mom & dad.


I bought this inexpensive, laminate dresser in college, and we didn't have room for it at our last house; it will serve as a TV console in our next home, so I wanted to give it a little makeover. I combed Pinterest in search of how to redo laminate furniture and decided chalk paint was the way to go. It's kind of intimidating if you've never used it, so I followed these tips and went for it!
I'll admit that I was super unsure while I was painting, but once I distressed & waxed it, I loved it!! I used Amy Howard's chalk paint in French Blue and used the light wax on top. SUPER easy to use! I'm curious if any of you have worked with the homemade chalk paints that are all over Pinterest? The store-bought is pretty pricey at $30 a quart, but when you consider no sanding or priming? Worth it.


In other furniture news, we bought this bad boy over the weekend:
It's going to be finished in an antique white and is going to have a vintage feel. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the pulls and knobs. What do y'all think??

I am kind of loving this look with the card catalog style pulls...
source
Help me!! There are 8 drawers that need pulls and 6 cabinets that will need knobs.
source
This really isn't that big of a deal, but SERIOUSLY! The Hobby Lobby hardware aisle is overwhelming ;)


Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Mateya said...

Look at you re-doing furniture! I have no idea what chalk paint is. I always assumed it was like paint that you could then use chalk on. I'm an idiot ha! It looks awesome though!

And that new big hutch thing (or whatever it is) you got is awesome too!

How's the house hunting coming along??

Heather said...

OH my gosh, I am having so serious furniture envy right now. We've been searching high and low for a dresser to redo, pretty much exactly like you did!

And the other piece is just amazing too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...