Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thurs....errr.....Friday

Whew, these last couple of weeks have been difficult for this homeowner. You know that saying, "When it rains, it pours?" That's how I've felt, and here's why: our washing machine was backed up, a plumber had to be called out; our dishwasher quit working, so I called a repair man who informed me that the motor was completely shot and we needed to buy a new one....oh, and "the floor will probably have to busted up in order to get this one out and a new one in." Great. Our grill wasn't working properly, and the weed-eater was also not working. I mean REALLY?! WHAT ELSE?!

I was definitely wishing that I could just call out a landlord and have him take care of these things for us, but that was not an option. WE had to take care of it. Ugh. As you probably know, plumbers aren't cheap...and neither are dishwashers. And neither are dishwasher installers I learned. Thankfully, my awesome dad (aka Mr. Fix-it) repaired our grill and can fix our weed-eater! THANKS DAD!

Anyway, I realize that all of this sounds pretty superficial, no ones sick or injured or anything major like that, but it's still been a hardship of sorts. We've had all these unexpected expenses in such a short time, but guess what...God has taken care of us. And for that, I am so thankful. Both Rob's family and mine have instilled in us the importance of saving and "paying it forward." Of course, dishwashers and stuff like that aren't what I'd like to spend $$$ on, but I am so thankful that we were able to pay for these things without having to worry about how we're going to come up with the money to pay our other bills. What a blessing.

One of my favorite sections in my bible is the "What to read when ______" part. I love going there and seeking His word to find the encouragement or words I need. Here's what I found:

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
-2 Corinthians 1:3-4


And just a funny story to end this post on....today, I was cleaning windows, and I had the front blinds pulled up all the way. Well, they got stuck and would NOT budge. I kept messing with them, pulling on them, yanking the string as hard as I possibly could. I was getting pretty frustrated with them, so I stepped back for a second to re-group (seriously-haha) and I said, "God, pleeeeaase let something be easy today," and then I tried again. THEY WENT DOWN!! Haha, I think God was just humoring me, but it did give me a little sense of peace, as silly as that sounds. It's like He was just letting me know that it was all gonna be okay! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...