Monday, February 21, 2011

Remember when it was Valentine's Day...

Last weekend, my mom & her bestie decided to host a Valentine party for some of their favorite couples...AKA their kids & their spouses!

We were told to dress up & get ready for some fun! So that's exactly what we did.

KB & Nicole even came to celebrate :)

My sweet parents...you like my dad's tux/t-shirt combo? Classic!

We started with a little "cocktail hour"...

And an appetizer of chocolate covered strawberries...what Valentine party is complete without those? None, I tell you.

Mom & Lisa decorated everything so sweetly for us love-birds. Here's the "parents" table...

And the "kids" table...







The besties even doubled as our servers! Natalie was a server too, but she was way too busy socializing with her favorite Valentines for pictures!

We were only missing one couple...Austin & Connie. The night would have been perfect if they could have been there, but Galveston isn't exactly a quick weekend trip away from Abilene. Especially when you're in Med School...apparently they keep those MD's-in-training pretty busy!

The dinner was DELISH, but the company was even better! A BIG "thank you" to the Lisas for making us feel special & loved every day of the year! We are blessed beyond measure to have such wonderful parents!

<3<3<3<3<3


Rob & I don't really go all out for Valentine's Day anymore, so we kept things low key this year & just had an in-house date. I made my (our) favorite salad...

Spring lettuce mix, goat cheese, dried cranberries & candied pecans.

We also had homemade gluten free lasagna...

YUMMY!


Rob was sweet & brought me roses, we exchanged cards & topped the night off with a movie! It definitely wasn't extravagant or anything, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing I enjoy more than just simply spending time with the one I love!


2 comments:

Mateya said...

What a sweet idea for your mom and her friend to host you all!

That lasagna looks yummy :)

Annie said...

what a super cute and fun idea!! :)
and the dinner you two made on vday looks and sounds delicious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...