Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowy Days...

Rob started getting a little antsy in the house yesterday, so we decided to walk down to the Roan's house for some human interaction. We got all bundled up and ventured out into the 15 degree weather! Brrrr....

Don't worry, they live less than a mile away...it was a short walk!

Rob and Aaron decided they wanted to built a snowman, but the snow was really powdery and dry, so it didn't work out too well for them. Don't worry, they're going to try again tomorrow! Yep, that's right...snow day number THREE tomorrow! I don't think that the restaurant I work for has ever been closed for 3 days straight...craziness!


We walked back home that afternoon to get things ready for a little slumber party. Aaron, Keathley, Mike, Lexi & Wes all came over to hang out, eat dinner and play games. The Roans walked back home that night, but everyone else spent the night...we felt like a bunch of kids!

There was even dancing...

And the boys made snow cream...

We hung out around the house this morning and just watched movies. Everyone went home after lunch time, and we decided we should check on our old house just to make sure everything was okay. Well, we got out on the road, and it was BAD. Rob's truck isn't 4WD, so we did not feel safe to drive all that way, so we went to see his grandparents instead. They only live about a mile away, and it took about 10 minutes to get there. After we got home, we decided that we'll just stay here until the roads thaw out! Walking only for us :)

I've never seen such huge icicles here!

I've gotten some things done around here, so I'll be posting house updates soon. I've also been doing some cooking! Yesterday I made Southwest Chicken in the slow cooker...at Lexi's request, I'll have that recipe coming soon too. This morning I made baked apple cinnamon oatmeal, and I made chili for frito pies this evening. Yum, I love some good comfort food!

Being cooped up isn't all that bad to me :) I certainly don't mind hanging out with Rob and drinking cider all day!

Hope you all are cozy!
Be back soon.

1 comment:

Mateya said...

Oh gosh I'm gonna have to take a picture of the icecicles on our house....we can't even break them off because our gutters would break!

I can't wait for you to share the recipe...it sounds delicious!

Glad you are enjoying your time off with your hubby :) So jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...