Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February!

We've had a relatively warm winter so far...in fact, we were wearing shorts and t-shirts just yesterday (with temps in the 70s), but this morning we woke up to a little winter wonderland! To my northern friends (Mateya, Annie ;)), y'all don't make fun of my snow pics...Haha!

We're only in the teens today with single digit over night temps, so school was cancelled today! The restaurant where I work was also shut down for the day, so Rob and I are enjoying a little snow day at home. Love it! I've been pretty productive so far, and I hope that continues...after my nap!




I really love snow days in Texas...they kinda force us to just slow down and spend time together. As giddy as it makes me, I can't help but get a little sad today. If things had worked out the way we'd "planned," I'd be snuggling a precious newborn today. It's hard not to get down when I think of what "should" be, but I have faith that I will be snuggling with babies on snow days in my future!


"'For I know what I have planned for you', says the LORD. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope. When you call out to me and come to me in prayer, I will hear your prayers. When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you. If you seek me with all your heart and soul, I will make myself available to you,' says the LORD."
Jeremiah 29:11-14




If you don't know what I'm even talking about, read this post.

1 comment:

Mateya said...

Haha I love the snow pics...I am actually surprised by the amount you have! Especially beings you were wearing shorts yesterday! :) It is -32 degrees here today...no shorts in my near future haha!

I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to be yearning for a child but I know the Lord has a beautiful plan in place for you and Rob!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...