Tuesday, July 26, 2011

an angel among us

On Sunday, one of the sweetest souls I have had the pleasure of knowing went to be with our Father. While everyone that knew her will miss her, we all know that she is having the best time in heaven! She's probably laughing and gabbing with all the angels, hugging her sweet mama (or MoMo as we all called her :)), and smiling down on all of her loved ones left on this earth.
Losing someone you love is never easy, and my prayer for this sweet family is that they would find peace and comfort in the Lord...and I know they will. You see, this family (along with a couple others) was among the most influential people on ours. They helped my parents find their faith and a church home which meant my brother and I were able to grow up in the church. I'm so thankful for that. We have so many great memories with the Whitehead family, and we laugh the whole time we're with them. Thankfully, in between the tears, we've been able to do a lot of laughing as well. And I think Donnice would want it that way. She loved to laugh, and she loved life. Her life was rich and full; she was loved by everyone that knew her. Her memory will live on forever.


"For I am already being poured out as an offering, and the time for me to depart is at hand. I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith!
Finally the crown of righteousness is reserved for me.
The Lord, the righteous judge will award it to me in that day - and not to me only, but also to all who have set their affection on his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:6-8

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even if he dies, and the one who lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?""
John 11:25-26

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we also await a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform these humble bodies of ours into the likeness of his glorious body by means of that power by which he is able to subject all things to himself."
Philippians 3:20-21

"If we live, we live for the Lord; if we die, we die for the Lord.
Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's."
Romans 14:8
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...