Tuesday, October 4, 2011

weekend lovin'!

 We had another wonderful weekend! Filled with football, family, food, house projects and most of all, FUN! How did we get so blessed?! Thank you, Jesus.

My family pulled into town Friday evening, and I was so happy to see them! I always look forward to them coming to see us. We had a yummy BBQ dinner then headed out to Wildcat Stadium. We played Copperas Cove in yet another crazy, exciting game. Unfortunately, we came up short and lost 49-42. These close games are just so difficult, but a couple of the CC coaches told our guys that they could not believe the difference in this year's Wildcat team and last year's...like a whole new team, they said! Improvement. We keep reminding ourselves that change just takes time. So much good has happened in such a short time, and I know it's only going to get better from here! 

*****

 Saturday, the boys got up early...Rob to work, dad & KB to golf. The girls slept in a little bit then hit the road for Waco! I needed to get fitted (well, loosely) for my maid dress for Lexi's wedding in January. The dress is perfect! Love it! Good choice, bride :)
After a couple other stops, we came home to get ready for the evening. We were celebrating Nicole's birthday a little early while we were all together! We had a delish taco dinner with all the fixins' and GF chocolate cake...YUMMO! Family game-time followed.
We also worked on a few other house projects...I really need to post pictures of our house. SOON. This is my reminder to myself.
Mom helped me make this adorable Halloween wreath and "fall" up our porch a little bit!
 Isn't it cute?! I just love it. The best part is, we didn't even steal it directly off of Pinterest.
Shocking, isn't it? ;) So proud.
Sunday came around too quickly, KB & Nicole left after breakfast, but mom and dad stuck around for a little bit. Dad painted some shelves for us while mom helped me clean up the house and get my cookies for the coaches ready for delivery. At Cooper, I took cookies to the defense every single Sunday. I haven't done that here so far, but this was my week for snacks, so Funfetti's it was! I made nearly 7 dozen cookies...of course, the dishes came home empty...surprise? Not at all. They're the best cake mix cookies ever!

Thanks for coming to see us, everyone! We had a blast, as always, and we're so thankful that y'all always come ready to help us with projects...yard, shelves, curtains, decor...we can do it all! Love you all...can't wait until next time :)


1 comment:

Mateya said...

That wreath is sooo cute! I love the feathers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...