Tuesday, November 8, 2011

18 weeks!

things are bumpin' alright!

How far along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: According to thebump.com baby is the size of a sweet potato! I think this is my favorite one yet :) Our little sweet potato pie.

Total weight gain: Up 4 pounds. I officially weigh the most I ever have, and I could not be happier about it. P.S.-I'm quite aware that I have lots of lbs to go ;)

Gender: We find out a week from Thursday! SO EXCITED for that! Place your bets, people! Your guess is as good as mine. I still don't have a feeling one way or the other. I have been having more boy dreams as of late if that counts for anything?

Movement: I'm still not feeling it, but it shouldn't be long now!

Sleep: Sleep is still no problemo. As long as I get 8-9 hours at night, I feel great all day. No more napping here! So thankful to have energy again.



What I miss: Nothing! I am trying to train myself to sleep only on my sides though, and 
that's been a challenge.

Cravings: Nothing in particular...most foods are just really good right now :) Except those containing cilantro.


Symptoms: I haven't had many for the last couple weeks...I now know the energy that comes with the 2nd trimester, and I'm loving it. I do get these crazy hiccups after I eat though. They're kind of obnoxious.

Maternity clothes: Rocking the belly band, for sure. I'll probably have to get some maternity jeans in the next few weeks. I have a few maternity tops, but they're not really a necessity just yet. Sure are cute though!

Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat today...it's the most reassuring sound I've ever heard. Love those appointments! If you're interested, the rate was about 153. Also, feeling 'normal' again has been awesome. I've had the energy to go on walks all the time as well as get more done around the house.

And for the dad-date: his belly is officially flatter than mine. Dad isn't experiencing any sympathy-symptoms, and he is getting really excited about our anatomy scan. 
He is pretty convinced the boo-boo is a boy! We've agreed on names for both genders, and we'll share those when we find out the sex of the babe!

6 comments:

Mateya said...

It always annoys me when people say "Boy!" just because of the heart rate but I have said boy all along :)

My MIL is a nurse and has a fool-proof system for knowing the gender. She said it's only been wrong 2 times in her 30 years of being a nurse.

What was your age when you conceived? What month did you conceive?

Jody said...

Your a cutie but that's not a bump (jk) and if you weigh the most ever....holy smokes!!! So jealous and wish I looked that tiny pregnant! Lv every min of it! If goes so fast!! Take care of yourself and Daddy too!! Happy for football :)

Ketrin Jones said...

AHH YOU ARE SOOO CUTE! I can't wait until you find out the baby's sex. & I can't wait to hear the names!! We need to do another dinner date soon! love you & baby sweet potato!

Brandi said...

Aw, you are too cute! I was a beached whale at 18 weeks with all 3 of mine. OINK!!!

Heather said...

You still look amazing! I'm ready for the 2nd trimester energy boost myself. :)

And I love the dad-to-be picture! I told my hubby today that he's not allowed to lose weight while I'm supposed to gain! haha

Anonymous said...

Momma still says girl:). You're as beautiful inside as you are out!! Love you Sweet Pea:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...