Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm thankful..

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I've been reflecting a lot lately on how truly blessed my life is.
Sometimes I wonder how I got so "lucky" to live the life that I do. It's not perfect or without any struggle, of course, but I can't imagine it any other way.

I'm thankful for my Savior and the gift of life He has given me.
I'm thankful to be able to call upon Him any time, anywhere and know that He's listening.
I'm thankful to be able to worship freely in this country and that I am not persecuted for my beliefs.

I'm thankful for my family.
My husband is my rock, and I feel tremendously blessed to walk through life with him by my side. I'm so grateful to be with a man that makes me laugh every day, that loves me consistently and constantly, that sets a positive example for those around him, and that works hard daily to provide for his family.
I'm thankful for this miracle growing inside me. It brings tears to my eyes to even think about this blessing we've prayed so long for. I'm so in love already, and I can hardly wait to meet this angel. But I will. Grow, baby, grow!
I'm thankful for my parents who taught me what love is. They modeled to my brother and me what a healthy and happy marriage looks like. There was never any shortage of love, laughter or fun in our house. Still isn't when we're all together.
I'm thankful for my extended family who I may not see or talk to every day, but I know they love me and would always be there for me if I need them.
I'm thankful for my in-laws. I'm thankful for the way they all had a hand in raising Rob to be the man he is today. I feel fortunate that we get along so well and that they've welcomed me with open arms into their family.

I'm thankful for each of my friends. They all bring a slightly different color to my world and bless me in different ways. I know the Lord has brought each of you into my life for different reasons, and I'm thankful for the relationships I have with each of you.

I'm thankful for my health and for the health of my family.

I'm thankful for our home. We often take for granted the fact that we have a roof over our heads, cozy beds to sleep in, and food in the pantry to fill our stomachs.
I'm thankful for each of our jobs that afford us our home and the ability to live the life we do. No, we'll probably never be millionaires doing what we do, but what we have is certainly enough. We want to instill in our child what our parents instilled in us, and that is to live modestly.


There is so much more that I could go on about, but these are the things that are coming to my mind so often right now. I love this time of year because I feel as if my heart could explode because of all the love and thanksgiving. It really brings me back to the basics.
Faith, Family, Love, Gratitude.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...