Tuesday, November 29, 2011

happy hearts

After our gender reveal party, we decided we'd just spend the whole week in Abilene. We both had the week off and there's no sense in driving back and forth for no real reason, right? Right. We had such a fun week seeing friends, hanging out with our families, and making a MAJOR dent in Christmas shopping.

Thanksgiving day was spent at my parents' house with my brother and grandparents. My mom and I did the cooking, and I must say, it was one yummy meal ;)
Rob & I took our annual Thanksgiving pictures for the Christmas card...
 The best gift this year! All wrapped up in her first bow...
 We watched football...
 And made the most delish turkey...
 Nana & Papa...
 Boyce men...
 My wonderful parents...
 My brother, Kenneth...we missed you, Nicole!
 That evening, we went to hang out and eat more with Rob's family. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics, but it was more of the same! Food, family, football...the Thanksgiving basics.

Thanksgiving night means business: planning for Black Friday.
Yes, I am one of those crazies out at 4 in the morning. I hated that more stores started sales at midnight this year...takes some of the thrill away! Anyway, my mom, her bestie, and I always do Black Friday shopping together...it's so much fun!
Lisa with her stores/purchases mapped out...
 We found some great deals and ended up with a truck-load full of Christmas presents! I was loving that I got A LOT of Christmas shopping done in just a few short hours. Totally worth getting up at 3:30 for! The only thing on the agenda for the rest of the day was relaxing, so hey, I can definitely do that once a year!
My momma and I ready to feast on huevos rancheros after a busy shopping morning...
 Here's part of my loot...had to hide the big stuff from the hubs ;)
Because it's for him, not because of the $$$...ha!
 Black Friday was definitely a success this year!

While we were home, my mom also pulled down a box of my baby clothes that she'd saved. She washed them up, and now they're ready and waiting in baby girl's closet :)
The dresses are so sweet, and it will be special to have her pictures made in some of the things I wore as a teensy one. I really love that first outfit in the picture...it just may have to be her coming home outfit if it fits her...so girly!!

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of blessings this year!!
Our Christmas decor is now up, cards are ordered, shopping and wrapping are nearly complete...I adore this time of year! It's just so full of joy, and my heart is happy.



3 comments:

Mateya said...

Girl you look gorgeous!!!! Your hair is getting so long!

You still look so tiny and cute! The scarf hides the bump very well, can't hardly tell!

I think it is so precious that your mom saved some of your clothes, how cute!

Unknown said...

Awww how exciting! Congrats on having a girl!! :) Hope your pregnancy is going well!!!

*Butler, Party of 4* said...

Ahhhh, I hadn't read in a while....CONGRATS, girl!!!

So, so excited for you! :)

You look ravishing...I can tell you are both so excited. Just precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...