Tuesday, January 31, 2012

i'm back! and some yummies.

It's been way too long since I last visited the blog. Sometimes you just don't feel like it, yanno? Life happens, but hopefully my blogging slump is over! 

We haven't been up to a whole lot, but this last weekend was a busy one spent celebrating the marriage of Mike & Lexi. I'll share those pictures soon. Other than that, I've just been working, growing a human and getting ready for her to join us out here :)

I have been trying out a lot of new recipes lately, though. They've all been a success and husband-approved! I found them all on Pinterest, of course. 
Seriously, everything I do is inspired by that site it seems like.

veggie stuffed bell peppers
This recipe was loosely based off of THIS one. I wanted to make mine a little heartier for my meat loving husband. I knew if I was going to feed him a vegetarian meal, it had to have substance. I think I succeeded because he loved it and didn't miss the meat!

Black Bean & Veggie Stuffed Bell Peppers

4 bell peppers (dice half of one)
1/2 medium onion, diced
1-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can rotel tomatoes
1-1 & 1/2 cups cooked rice (spanish, brown, white)
2 tbs. taco seasoning
3/4 cup frozen corn
1/2-3/4 cup whatever cheese you like

Preheat oven to 400.
Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, or cut them in half if they are larger. 
Pull the seeds and veins out of them and reserve one half to be sauteed.
Roast the peppers until tender (about 15 minutes).
In the meantime, saute the onions, garlic and half bell pepper in olive oil.
Once the veggies have softened, add black beans, rotel, rice (I used spanish that I had leftover) and taco seasoning.
Stir to combine. You may need to add 1/4-1/2 cup of water if it looks too thick.
Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the corn then scoop into roasted bell pepper halves.
Top each pepper with cheese and place back into the oven until the cheese is bubbly.
Enjoy!


Some other things I've made recently...
Green Chile & Pineapple Pork Tacos (making this tomorrow)

All of these recipes have been winners!
The pork tenderloin was definitely our favorite -- so yummy!

*****

Be back tomorrow with the 30 week bump-date :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...