Tuesday, January 17, 2012

28 weeks!

headed out to register!
 How far along: 28 weeks! THIRD trimester! 

Size of baby: According to thebump.com Jaqs is the size of an eggplant! She's around 15 inches long and weighing in somewhere around 2-2.5 pounds.

Total weight gain: Up 15ish pounds. I don't have a doctor appointment until 30 weeks, so I'm not exactly sure.

Gender: Baby girl!

Movement: Yes...now we're sometimes able to tell where she is by a bulging head or hiney sticking out one side! I think she must not be able to do her gymnastics as easily now because my whole belly shakes when she turns.

Sleep: Sleep's still good, thankfully. I'm using a body pillow now, so that makes getting comfy easier! I'm usually up at least once to use the bathroom but have no problem falling right back to sleep.

What I miss: Nothing!

ready to tackle the list
Cravings: I've been on a fruit and cottage cheese kick lately...so yummy! But before you roll your eyes at that, please know that Rob & I ate his entire birthday cake between us this week. Whoops. Couldn't help it...Bob's Red Mill GF chocolate cake is delish! And most of our friends are cleansing...WHATEVER! ;)

Symptoms: Shortness of breath at times and foot cramps. I hate the way those things sneak up on ya!

Maternity clothes: Still working with both.

Best moments this week: 
--Knowing we've arrived in the 3rd & final trimester...WOW.
--Building our baby registry. So much fun, but also scary. Little people are veeeerrrry expensive.
--Jaqs' nursery is finally underway! I'm SO excited to see how it'll all turn out. Her bedding may even be done by the end of the month :)


 THE list. Yes, I'm old school and prefer a hand-written list over a typed one. Anyway, this baby registry has been kind of overwhelming me, but I think we've mostly got it knocked out now! I still need to make a few adjustments to it, but I'm glad to have that checked off our to-dos. It's hard to know what your baby will like and what's necessary, but we will learn as we go, I'm sure.

And one more little tid-bit...these beauties arrived today:
I've been going back and forth on cloth diapering since before I was even pregnant, so when Cotton Babies was having a clearance sale on the all-in-ones last week, I took it as my sign to go for it. There are many benefits to cloth diapering, so I'm really hoping that Jaqs and I will both embrace and love it. If you have any advice on the matter, please do share!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey KT! I'm looking into cloth diapers also, and I was wondering whether you plan to wash at home or hire a service for it (?). So far, the cost advantage has me leaning toward cloth :-)

~Connie

Mateya said...

Look at that belly....love it!!! I think mine is just as big :) You look wonderful!

I can't believe your 28 weeks already! Jaqs will be here so soon!!! Can't wait to see her sweet face :)

Beth Ann said...

Woo-hoo for 3rd trimester!!! You look adorable! And HOORAY for bum genius cloth diapers!!!! We use them and love them. We use the 4.0 one size pockets. I have been planning on writing a post about cloth diapering...so hopefully I'll get to that soon and perhaps it will help you a bit. It was all VERY overwhelming to me at first. Let me know if you have any questions!

yargergal said...

yeah for cloth diapering!! we use gDiapers for callie and love them. it takes awhile to figure out the best routine, but hopefully you'll come to love it!!

Heather said...

The shortness of breath is getting me too!! I can only imagine how much worse it is for you.

And ahhhh---third trimester!!!

*Butler, Party of 4* said...

You look adorable in that hat!! YAY for third trimester!!!! You're gettin' there. :)

(P.S. I am going to try apple cider vinegar on my face...I've read a lot about it and I already believe in ACV and natural stuff for sure. Maybe ask your doctor, but I bet they'd approve that. Beware, it stinks!)

Beth Ann said...

Hi there! Just wanted to tell you that I tagged you in an "11 Random Things" post if you want to do it sometime! If not, no worries, I know you're busy growing a human and all. ;)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

You look so cute and I can't wait to hear more how your feeling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...