Monday, March 26, 2012

a nest-ful weekend!

We had another fabulous weekend! My dad's iPhone needed to be replaced, and there just so happens to be an Apple store about 45 minutes down the road from us, so my parents decided to spend the weekend in Temple :) I'm kinda getting used to seeing them all the time!
They came in late Friday evening, so I spent most of my evening at the track meet so I could spend a little time with my hubby. He's a busy man right now due to track!

Saturday morning, my mom and I just ran some errands while my dad golfed and Rob worked at the meet. My parents and I then spent that afternoon in Austin, and my brother was able to join us, too! Dad got his new phone, and we ate at P.F. Chang's....YUM. My fave.

Saturday evening was spent outside! The weather has been awesome, so I've been itching to get some things planted for Spring! Let's hope we don't have one of those unexpected Easter freezes this year ;) Being that I'm 9 months preggo, no one in my family lets me do much, so my mom and dad did all the work! How great is that?! Dad mowed for us since Rob was still gone, and my mom planted flowers.
front porch planters
now our front entry is even ready for Jaqs!
my mom hard at work!
Before my parents hit the road on Sunday, my dad & Rob added the FINISHING touches to the nursery! The chandelier is now hung and the curtains have tie-backs. Woohoo! 
Feels good to have that 100% ready for our girl :)
Plus, I can finally share the nursery pics!
We love when G-Pop and Sugar come to visit!! They're the best!

Totally unrelated note, but I ordered blog books via Blog2Print, and they came in over the weekend! I'm so excited to have the first 2 years of this blog printed into books now. This has been my intention for my blog all along, but I just hadn't got around to doing it. Blog2Print makes it really easy to organize your books...you can choose exactly which posts go into your book as well as the layout of the pages, covers of the books, etc. The only thing I don't really like is that the cover choices and fonts are kinda blah. BUT what's important to me is to have the memories on pages to flip through in the future!
 B2P didn't ask (or pay) me to share my opinions on their products...I just wanted to share my opinions with you in case you were thinking of doing something like this as well!


2 comments:

Mateya said...

Cannot wait to see the nursery!!!!

Beth Ann said...

Love your entryway! Hopefully you can remember to water the plants after Jaqs gets here. ;) I can't wait to get pretty flowers in our pots...hopefully we can keep them alive this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...