Tuesday, March 27, 2012

38 weeks! {{warning: bare belly}}

another self portrait! 

How far along: 38 weeks!
 
Size of baby: Baby girl is the size of a watermelon! Dr. F guestimates that she weighs about 6.5-7 lbs right now, but he said babies have a tendency to hide in taller people, so he could be off, but he feels confident I won't be delivering a 10 pounder....PTL. She's somewhere around 20 inches long.
 
Total weight gain: +28 lbs.
 
Movement: Still quite a bit of movement in the way of kicks. Jaqs has been having the hiccups, too! I felt those for the first time last Friday...so cool! I still enjoy every little movement...I know I'll miss it!
 
Sleep: I'm still sleeping well; thank goodness because I'm pretty tired by then end of the day! Waking up several times to pee, of course ;) That's a given.
 
What I miss: Being comfortable.
 
Cravings: Y'all know this one by now! Milk & cereal.

Symptoms: Sporadic BH contractions, lower back pain, pelvic pressure, constant peeing, and puffy feet at the end of the day.

Maternity clothes: Maternity!! I don't have much left to work with. Good thing I only have 8 work days left to go!! (max...I wouldn't mind if it were fewer! You hear that, Jaqs?!)

Best moments this week:
--Bags are packed, nursery is 100% ready, and all baby gear is ready to go!
--Knowing we could have our girl at ANY time. I have a little anxiety about delivery having never done it before, (duh) but I'm ready to get the show on the road! That being said, I can definitely be patient for a couple more weeks if that's what happens, too. God knows Jaqs' birthday!
--The wonderful people I work with gave us one last shower...it was so sweet! I'm thankful to be surrounded by GOOD people...such a blessing!

The Texas wildflowers are BEAUTIFUL right now, so my mama wanted to get my picture in them bare-bellied. I didn't really plan on sharing any, but what the heck!
No shame in my game.
37 weeks, 5 days
Also, just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your sweet comments on our maternity pictures! Y'all really know how to make a girl feel good! :) Thank you also for your help on what to pack...I feel like I have everything I need now! 

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

You are so GORGEOUS! Love that belly!!! And cannot wait to see nursery pics :)

Mateya said...

38 weeks...I can hardly believe it! Come on Jaqs!!!!

Still love that dress...so cute!

You look absolutley fabulous!

Stephanie said...

So exciting!! She's almost here, wow, I can't believe it! :)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loren said...

You look beautiful! Any day now!! Can't wait to see her room!

Jamie said...

You look great!

Andrea said...

Hi there, I randomly found your blog and I'm your newest follower! You are the cutest pregnant woman ever! I have a 13 month old daughter and it seemed like it was just yesterday that I was still pregnant. Can't wait to read more about your growing family =) ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood
www.dearbabyboutique.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...