Tuesday, March 27, 2012

38 weeks! {{warning: bare belly}}

another self portrait! 

How far along: 38 weeks!
 
Size of baby: Baby girl is the size of a watermelon! Dr. F guestimates that she weighs about 6.5-7 lbs right now, but he said babies have a tendency to hide in taller people, so he could be off, but he feels confident I won't be delivering a 10 pounder....PTL. She's somewhere around 20 inches long.
 
Total weight gain: +28 lbs.
 
Movement: Still quite a bit of movement in the way of kicks. Jaqs has been having the hiccups, too! I felt those for the first time last Friday...so cool! I still enjoy every little movement...I know I'll miss it!
 
Sleep: I'm still sleeping well; thank goodness because I'm pretty tired by then end of the day! Waking up several times to pee, of course ;) That's a given.
 
What I miss: Being comfortable.
 
Cravings: Y'all know this one by now! Milk & cereal.

Symptoms: Sporadic BH contractions, lower back pain, pelvic pressure, constant peeing, and puffy feet at the end of the day.

Maternity clothes: Maternity!! I don't have much left to work with. Good thing I only have 8 work days left to go!! (max...I wouldn't mind if it were fewer! You hear that, Jaqs?!)

Best moments this week:
--Bags are packed, nursery is 100% ready, and all baby gear is ready to go!
--Knowing we could have our girl at ANY time. I have a little anxiety about delivery having never done it before, (duh) but I'm ready to get the show on the road! That being said, I can definitely be patient for a couple more weeks if that's what happens, too. God knows Jaqs' birthday!
--The wonderful people I work with gave us one last shower...it was so sweet! I'm thankful to be surrounded by GOOD people...such a blessing!

The Texas wildflowers are BEAUTIFUL right now, so my mama wanted to get my picture in them bare-bellied. I didn't really plan on sharing any, but what the heck!
No shame in my game.
37 weeks, 5 days
Also, just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your sweet comments on our maternity pictures! Y'all really know how to make a girl feel good! :) Thank you also for your help on what to pack...I feel like I have everything I need now! 

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

You are so GORGEOUS! Love that belly!!! And cannot wait to see nursery pics :)

Mateya said...

38 weeks...I can hardly believe it! Come on Jaqs!!!!

Still love that dress...so cute!

You look absolutley fabulous!

Stephanie said...

So exciting!! She's almost here, wow, I can't believe it! :)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loren said...

You look beautiful! Any day now!! Can't wait to see her room!

Jamie said...

You look great!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Hi there, I randomly found your blog and I'm your newest follower! You are the cutest pregnant woman ever! I have a 13 month old daughter and it seemed like it was just yesterday that I was still pregnant. Can't wait to read more about your growing family =) ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood
www.dearbabyboutique.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...