We are in a transitional period in the feeding department around here. Jaqs has always been pretty enthusiastic about eating, but lately she has not been digging on the purees anymore. As I mentioned before, she would choke on almost any 'table' food I would give her, but now that she's finally mastered the puffs and yogurt melts, all she wants is REAL food!
I have to say, this makes things a whole lot easier for me...no more making baby food for this mama. Kind of sad! As simple as it is to give her what we're having, I do still have to plan ahead and make sure that I have something I can easily fix for her if we're having something spicy or not great for her.
So with all that said, here are some of our feeding favorites right now!
Eddie Bauer High Chair/ Kiddopotamus Tinydiner Placemat/ Summer Infant Bibbity/Yogurt Snacks Mixed Berry / Baby Dipper Feeding Set/Playtex Baby First Lil' Gripper / Johnson Johnson Baby Hand Face Wipes/ Happy Baby Sweet Potato Puffs
- Silicone bibs with the little crumb catcher are one of the best inventions! As much as I love the A&A bibs, cloth just gets too nasty.
- We have this high chair, and it's great! You can remove the tray with one hand (a must!), and you can remove the top portion of the tray for easy cleaning. It is a little straight up & down for a younger baby, but I just used the bouncer for feeding before she was ready for that.
- Puffs & Yogis are still favorites. I call the Yogis her dessert after each meal ;) It's awesome that they can be used as distractions when out and about too! Ha!
- J obviously cannot use utensils on her own, but this little dipper fork is my fav! It's the perfect size and shape.
- J&J hand and face wipes are a must for eating out when you don't have easy access to a sink or wash rag.
- I've raved about these Playtex trainer cups for awhile, and we still love them. All we use!
- Along with the silicone bibs, this place-mat is awesome for restaurants! You can easily roll up baby's mess when she's done, and of course, it keeps her food off the nasty restaurant tables.
Some of the foods we've been using the most for this 'transitional' period are steamed veggies, soft fruits like blueberries, bananas & cuties, avocados, boiled/scrambled eggs, grated cheese, and one of J's favorites is still YoBaby yogurt!
What are some of your little one's favorites?
We haven't tried any meats/beans yet, but I am hoping to be able to expand Jaqs' menu very soon!