Monday, April 29, 2013

it's Monday again?

Why do weekends FLY by?! 5 minutes ago I was like, "YES! It's the weekend! Family fun!!" Now I'm whining that Spring Ball starts tomorrow, and we can kiss daddy goodbye for a little while again. Ah. Such is life!

*By the way, Rob loves his job, so don't hear me complaining about THAT. It's just hard when they're gone for so many hours a day.*

Anyway...we had an awesome weekend! Seriously, one of the best ones in recent history, I think. Jaqs and I kicked it off with lunch with our buddies, and she definitely enjoyed it because she had her FAV: macaroni & cheese. The girl can put it away, let me tell you.
mom fail: forgot the bib. that shirt is going to need some serious sun.
 We met daddy after school to play at the field house/work-out, then we just had dinner and parked it on the couch for the rest of the night. Good way to end the week, if you ask me!

On Saturday after a late morning nap, we headed about 25 miles down the road to Waco for Pei Wei and the zoo! Pei Wei is ALWAYS a win in this house. We love it and can't get enough. It's probably a really good thing that it's not actually in our town.
Jaqs had a great time strolling around the zoo and checking out the animals that she loves so much. The weather was beautiful, so it was a perfect day for it!
how adorable is J's little romper?? thanks again, mateya! :)

 The lions (of course), bears, and fish were some of her favorites.

I'm constantly snapping pictures of Rob and Jaqs together because I just can't get over the sweetness of their relationship. He adores her, and she is definitely enamored by him, too. It's really such a blessing to my momma-heart to see!
 We had dinner with friends when we got back that evening, and even got really wild and stayed out until 8:30 p.m. with them! Jaqs was feeling spunky, I suppose ;) It was such a fun day! Once again, Rob & I parked it on the couch to end the day, but this time with a movie! We watched Parental Guidance, and it was cute! We laughed at ourselves because we noticed that it was 'PG.' We must be getting old! I do have to say though, it's nice to watch a movie without the F-bomb being dropped every 30 seconds...I hate that!

Anyone else have kids that wake up EARLIER if they go to bed LATER than normal? It makes no sense to me, but that's what our little angel does. I can't tell you how much I enjoy waking up at 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning. NOT.

Oy. Since we were all up at the crack of dawn, we decided to be productive! We had all of our laundry and grocery shopping done by 10 a.m., and the baby even had a 2 hour nap before heading to the 11 a.m. church service. I'm sad to report that she did NOT make it the whole time in the nursery this week, but that's okay. I would much prefer for them to call me than for her to be miserable, and we'll keep trying! I'm sure she will have fun with it eventually.
 She looked darn cute though, I can tell you that! She's practicing her roaring on the left there ;)

We celebrated one of my great friends and her baby girl coming in June Sunday afternoon, and I can't wait to share that shower with you! It was so sweet.
yes...there's a baby in there! can you believe it?!

It was another whirlwind weekend filled to the brim with fun, and I think I hear Target calling my name to help me cure this case of the Mondays....

2 comments:

JennOvey said...

I just love Jaqs Sunday morning dress, tooo cute!

Beth Ann said...

WOW- laundry and grocery shopping before church?!?! That is absolutely mind blowingly amazing!!! Haha! ;) I hear Target calling my name, too. It misses me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...