Monday, June 17, 2013

first haircut, father's day & other ramblings

Monday, Schmonday....here we are again! I've got nothing to complain about though because 1.) It's SUMMER. 2.) We're going to the beach this week! Woooohoo! I wanted to pop in and post a little update before we leave though :) We had a fun weekend in Abilene with our families!

--I had a hair appointment Saturday to get some fresh highlights, so Jaqs came along and got her first trim, too! I really didn't know how it was going to go, but she was such a good girl!! She just sat on my lap and munched away on her graham cracker. I was very proud of her, and her hair looks so cute! She, of course, didn't need much of a cut, just enough to get the scraggly ends off...it looks so cute! I've been going to Holly since I was TWELVE! She's the best!
--Baby girl has had a blast playing in Grammie & G-Pop's backyard. She mastered climbing up the steps and sliding down her slide on her own...such a big girl! I think she'll be outside most of the time we're away :)
--We celebrated our favorite guys Saturday evening when both mine & Rob's grandparents could join us and had a great time! Yummy food, gifts for our favorite guys, and quality time spent...that's what it's all about!

--We continued on celebrating Rob & my dad Sunday, and just had a fun day spent together.  I'm so thankful for these two and the dads (and now grandpas) they are. Jaqs and I are lucky girls to have them!
 --Jaqs made her first foot craft for part of G-Pop's gift, and I think it's safe to say it might have been one of his favorite gifts ;) There's not much sweeter than baby feets!
 --We had to do it big because G-Pop will have Jaqs by himself for the first couple days we're gone. How many grandpas do you know willing to do that? I think it's pretty great!
--I also want to wish my big brother the happiest of birthdays today! He became a daddy just a few weeks ago, and he's already rocking at it, but that's no surprise! I look up to him in so many ways...one of my very favorite people! He keeps us laughing, is one of the smartest people I know, and he rarely gets his feathers ruffled. He loves all of us unconditionally, and has always been a source of encouragement for me. 
I love you, KB!!

--I've got a few guest posts scheduled for this week, so I hope you'll check those out and show some love for the awesome mama's posting on my behalf! I'm so excited to do this for the first time!

--Hope you all have a wonderful week, and I'll see ya next week! Don't worry...I'll soak up some sun for you ;) Can't wait to park my hiney on the beach with my hubby and our besties!

4 comments:

Kelly Slater said...

Looks like a great weekend! How old is your little girl? I need to get my daughter a haircut too, she's 17 months, but I'm just not too sure... BTW- love that mudpie outfit! Have a great beach week!

Sara said...

I really love jaqs' black and white dress! It is so pretty!
Sara
Life with Baby Sophia

Mateya said...

Have a great trip!!!

Heather said...

Have an awesome trip!!!

And if you have a trick for getting Jaqs to keep bows in her hair, please share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...