Doing pictures in your chair is basically impossible now...this is the only non-blurry one we managed ;) I'll be darned if I'm giving up on it though! They're my favs.
|big, busy girl|
|and SILLY, too :)|
- You're a pro at the one nap a day now & have been taking a good 2-3, sometimes more, hour nap each afternoon beginning around 1-1:30. Bedtime is still 8 & you're usually up around 7:30-8 the next morning.
- You have 16 teeth! All we have to go now are 2 year molars. It seems you've been early on the others, so I'll be interested to see if those come in soon.
- You love all the same foods that you have before, plus you're a lot better at eating fresh apples, carrots, and other harder foods lately. You still don't love meat most of the time unless it's really tender or ground.
- I really can't even keep up with your vocabulary anymore. You understand SO many words, and I'd bet that you can say at least 40-50, maybe more. You're also now putting 2 words together. You mostly say "more ___" and "hi ___" We are loving our little chatter box!
- With this newfound ability to understand more, you are also getting pretty good at following directions! You love to help me throw things away, put your cups in the sink when you're finished, find your shoes, etc.
- That being said, you also throw plenty of fits because we don't understand you all the time ;)
- Tantrums happen mostly when you're tired/hungry, so we do the best we can to avoid that because they are NOT FUN. Thankfully you still get over things pretty quickly.
- You can point to all your facial features, including "eye-boughs" (eye-brows) and most of your body parts when asked.
- You are obsessed with football & bring me the remote all the time asking for "hot-ball." Daddy has you brainwashed already! Hehe.
- You're also obsessed with airplanes. You love to be outside and watch them go by...in fact, you even spot them faster than I can much of the time.
- You aren't super interested in many toys that we own, but you do love wooden puzzles, balls, and stuffed animals. Play at home usually consists of destroying something! Who needs toys?
- You continue to love the outdoors and would always rather be out than in. Now that the weather is nicer, we've been going to parks at least every other day.
- We've also started going to story time at the library which you LOVE. You love to bounce and clap your hands along with the songs, and you sit so still in my lap listening when the teacher reads. I think you also love to watch all the other kids that go.
- Your favorite books are Goodnight Moon, Guess How Much I Love You, and some other random books I picked up on the Target $1 aisle.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ("icky") is still your favorite show and really the only you watch...you usually watch one episode a day & it's often broken into 2 parts. Ha! Too busy for sitting still.
- Some serious stranger anxiety has set in once again, and you embarrass me ALL THE TIME with it. I try not to let it bother me, but man, I wish you would stop crying when people you aren't familiar with try to speak to you! As embarrassing as it is for me, I know it's probably scary for you, so I'm sensitive to that and try not to push you. Hopefully you will grow out of it quickly though ;)
- You now pucker up for kisses! No more slobbery, open mouth kisses. *tear* Listening to you smack on all your stuffed animals & baby dolls is pretty sweet though.
- You love the little baby we keep 2 days out of the week, and I'm so glad!
- You've renamed Grammie & GPop to "Gigi & Pop." I don't think they mind one bit.
- You have taken a serious interested in what I'll call "pre-potty training" in the last month. You are curious about all of our, ahem, anatomy, and always want to join us in the bathroom. We're letting you and hoping that it will lead us to an easy potty training experience! You always tell me when you've gone #2, but you haven't wanted to actually sit on the potty to do so.
- Your love for animals continues, and right now you are all about fish, or "eesh!"
- You did so well with shots this time! I'm so proud of you and even happier we don't have to worry about any more until you're FOUR! Crazy.
- You're in mostly 24m-2T clothing, but you can still wear 18m on bottom, tiny hiney!
- You have pretty big feet...you're getting close to growing out of your 6's now.
- You finally graduated to a size 4 diaper! You were in a size 3 for a full YEAR!
- According to your well check, you are right at 24 lbs (50th percentile) and nearly 33 inches long (80th percentile). Our little string bean!
A year and a half, angel baby. I cannot believe it. You will always be our baby, but there's hardly any "baby" actually left in you these days. Watching you grow and learn has been the sweetest gift, and I'm so excited about the years ahead with you. Thanks for making me "mama." We love you with ALL we've got, sweet pea!