Friday, October 11, 2013

Five on Friday

It's Friday! You know what that means...linking up with Darci & friends for another week of Five on Friday!
{one} As a continuation of yesterday's post, I ordered this $8 scarf from jane.com. I seriously couldn't resist! Can't wait for it to arrive.
 {two} If you follow me on instagram or are friends with me in "real" life, then chances are you've heard me rave about these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I've made them a few times now, and I can't get enough! So delicious & so easy! I couldn't find a gluten free green enchilada sauce at the grocery store, so I subbed in a 7 oz can of salsa verde + 1 cup sour cream and it worked great. I also have to use corn tortillas instead of flour, of course.
{three} Something I never knew about before becoming a mother were definitely the "mommy wars." You know what I'm talking about, right? Yeah. No explanation needed. A friend on Facebook shared THIS POST and I definitely related to it. I often feel the need to defend mine and Rob's decision for me to be home, and for WHAT REASON?! The work I'm doing here is important and meaningful. Now that's not to say I don't respect the mom who needs to or chooses to work either. I absolutely do. The post seems a little one-sided, but that's not at all how I feel about working vs. staying home. My philosophy is do what works (or is necessary) for your family! I don't understand why we can't all just support one another and encourage each other to be the best versions of ourselves! Oh, and maybe give a little more grace along the way?
source
{four} Speaking of being a SAHM, my lap has been pretty full this week! Tatum girl has been a sweet little addition or our weeks around here.
 Oh, and trust me when I say there's plenty to keep me busy:
 So very thankful for my adorable little sidekick. Seriously can't imagine my days without her in them. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to HAVE MORE FUN in our every day, and I've really noticed a difference in myself. I'll never get these days back, so I want to enjoy all the little things about each one.
{five} The Temple Wildcats are taking on their rival in tonight's game! Wish us luck?? :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Colleen Sullivan said...

I love jane.com! I've bought so many little accessories this year from them and the prices are great! I don't know why us moms always have to compare ourselves. I stay home too and I always hear people harping on SAHMs or people who have it all wrong (thinking we all just lay around and drink champs and get pedis all day). It's too bad it is just a never ending debate. Hope you have a great weekend!

JMO said...

Ok it is before 10am and I'm now hungry for enchiladas! haha must try!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

1. Love that adorable scarf!

2. I read that article too and totally agreed! I do work outside the home part time and my mom and MIL watch the girls when I'm working, so I'm very fortunate to experience both sides. However, if anything, I feel envious of SAHM's. Not because I think it's easy, but because of the precious time you get to have with your babies to teach them and play with them. I think being a mom is just hard in general! Do you read the devotionals on proverbs31.org? They have great encouraging devotionals and yesterday's was about mommy-wars

Carolina Charm said...

Tatum is SO precious! The perfect sidekick! Happy Weekend! :)

Sami Seibert said...

I've recently become hooked on jane.com also!! i love all the cute clothes!

I've been on an enchilada kick lately too! My mother-in-law made them for us a few weeks ago so I made my version this week. And my husband liked mine more!! lol {I got a kick out of that!}

Have a great weekend!!!
-Sami @ http://yoursmineandours2013.blogspot.com

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Can't believe how big she's getting! Adorable :)

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

you are such a cutie mama! so glad i found you on the linkup...i'm a new follower! yay! looking forward to reading more!

xx
elise
cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com

Jess Norden said...

I love that scarf!! Jealous!

I am a working mom, but I think that being a SAHM is SO MUCH HARDER than a working mom. When I am home with Cam, I usually feel guilty that I didn't get more done. In fact, the house is usually a bigger mess than it was in the morning. I give you credit for being home all day - it's the hardest (but the most rewarding) job in the world.

Have a great weekend!!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love that scarf and the pic of you and sweet J! I wish we lived closer!

Rychelly said...

I just got in a discussion about being a SAHM vs a working mom. People think just becaue you SAH means you are laying by the pool, having a great time playing all day, but its far from the truth. I was a working girl and then became a SAHM and its been harder. The days are longer, more challening and Im lucky if I complete everything on my to-do list before the end of the day, BUT it is the most rewarding job I've ever had. Wish more people understood!

[darci @ the good life] said...

I'm trying that recipe - the hubs will love me forever for that one I think! ;) ;)

And I hear ya on the mommy wars... I'm over it. It's absurd. Being a mom is just hard period... working / stay at home / or whatever!!! It's all hard work, yet so worth every single bit of it!

I read something yesterday where someone said being a stay at home mom was the best paying job they'd ever had. How true that is. It's not for everyone, most certainly.... but it is important to respect ALL roles of mamahood!! I don't think it's particularly easy for anyone!

Hope your sweet crew has a fun weekend ahead!

Ashley Brickner said...

I'm with you, I try to make the best of everyday with my girl! I know this time won't last forever!

You guys are too cute. :)

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Mateya said...

You guys are too cute! I am going to try those enchiladas ASAP! Thanks for sending me the pin!

I totally don't get the mommy war thing either. It's just ridiculous. I'm get to experience both sides and although I wish it was full time SAHM,it's not because I think I'd get to relax all day because I know that couldn't be further from the truth. I relax more and have more free time on the days that I actually work haha!

Chelsea said...

That recipe looks yummy I will have to try it. I just found your blog on the link up party... Also that scarf is super cute :)

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Thank you for sharing that article. I found myself nodding along as I read. Being a SAHM is hard work and I hate when I feel like I have to defend my choice to stay at home.

Vanessa said...

How cute are you two?!? I'm trying to make a conscious effort to have fun with Arden each day too…I don't want to look back on this time and feel like I was just "getting by". It's so easy to fall into that rut though!

Oh and I LOVE the scarf!!! I think they must be sold out, otherwise I would be a total copycat!

Hope the game went well tonight! :)

Ashley Dorey said...

Ya'll are adorable! And I'm definitely going to have to check out jane.com. Thanks for sharing!

New follower, found you on the link-up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...