Monday, October 28, 2013

friends, campfire & trunk or treat!

I'm really digging these laid back, fun, fall weekends we've been having, and this one was another great one! I'm bummed that I somehow ended up with zero pics with Rob in them, but he was there for our Saturday night fun!

Friday: The game was away, so Jaqs and I decided to hang back and have a dinner/play-date with some friends and listen online. We had so much fun with our buddies and stayed out until 10:00!! Can you even believe that?! Jaqs still wasn't ready to leave when we did! Crazy girl. The Wildcats WON 42-21 which puts us at 4-1 in district and tied for first place!! Woohooooo!! 2 more regular season games to go before play-offs!

Saturday: We decided to meet up with the same crew from the night before at the park so the kiddos could play again. Of course they had a great time and long naps followed for all which makes happy mommies, too ;) Since we had already spent most of our weekend together, we went back to the Mcgehee's AGAIN that night to sit by their fire and make s'mores and eat take-out. Some other friends joined us, so another fun time was had by all evidenced by the fact that Jaqs was up until 10 again! Of course, she did nap until 6 p.m. that evening, so we knew she'd be ready to go for the night! Party animal.
Sunday: The girlie slept in, so we had a lazy morning just hanging out at home. I made these no flour/no sugar banana muffins, and they were really tasty! Definitely a great toddler breakfast with some yogurt or fruit on the side. As I was getting ready that morning, I decided to paint my toenails, and while I was doing so, Jaqs came and plopped down on my legs for me to paint hers, too! I thought it was so precious made even better by the fact that she was still in her football pajamas! Haha, she's so a daddy's girl, but she's got her mama in her, too :)

As always, Rob had to head to work around lunchtime, so Jaqs and I were on our own for the rest of the day. We had naps then went to trunk or treat at our friend's church. Jaqs got to wear her adorable little ghost outfit and "win" some treats! She was a little unsure of all the masked people and commotion, but hey, she looked adorable! :)
Halloween should be interesting this year! We're going trick-or-treating with our buddies, but I'm sure Jaqs won't be walking up to any doors on her own accord! That's okay though, it's not like we she really needs (or even cares about) the candy anyway. It will be fun to just ride around in the wagon looking precious and maybe having a sucker or two!

I'm linking up with Leah for Mommy & Me Monday today! :)
My Everyday Love

9 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun weekend!!! Gorgeous girls! :)

Emily Marie said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I absolutely love Jaqs ghost outfit, she looks too cute:)

Jess Norden said...

What a fun weekend! I am going to have to try those muffins...they sound perfect!

I hope you have a great week!

Rychelly said...

Looks like a great weekend! Your lil one is darling! Have a great week!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I love all her outfits! Fall weekends are the best.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Such a happy adorable girl :)

Those muffins look yummy!

Sara said...

aww can't wait to be able to paint my daughter's toenails!
Sounds like a fun filled weekend!
Sara
Life with Baby Sophia

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Could her outfit be any cuter!?! Looks like a fun weekend!

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow...those muffins look SOOO good!! Dying over here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...