Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday

Hi friends! It's Friday, so of course that means it's time to link up with Darci & the girls for Five on Friday. If you haven't already, head over & join in on the fun.
{one} This little lady has been giving me a run for my money lately. Toddlers are exhausting with their mood swings, demands, and in this case for the last couple weeks, SHORT naps. This momma is tired and ready for daddy to be home more. Wow, Debbie Downer, much?
 {two} I have one more thing to whine about ;) It appears that I've caught my first cold of the season, and I have been feeling awful for the last few days. The only thing that has been giving my throat some relief has been an apple cider vinegar + honey + warm water concoction. I came across this on Pinterest, so I'll have to look into some other home remedies! Moms don't get sick days! And let's just hope that J doesn't get whatever I have. Alright, seriously, ending the whining here! ;)
source
 {three} I think I'm the only person left on Instagram & Twitter to not try this Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe! You have all made me drool with your pictures, so I think it's about time I finally try this! Question: would it be as good if I subbed plain tomatoes for the Rotel? I don't want it to be too hot for the little lady!
source
{four} Remember when I blogged about the camo scarf I ordered from jane.com? It came in, and I kind of love it! I've seen it on GroopDealz since I ordered mine, so I bet they'll be frequenting those sites for those of you who were interested!
{five} Can I just say Praise God for His strength?! I mean, really. I don't know why I ever try to do things "on my own." I've definitely been reminded to let go & let God many times recently, and I'm so thankful to know that I never have to go through life's trials alone.

Hope you lovelies have a fantastic weekend!

13 comments:

Jess Norden said...

Toddlers ARE exhausting - I hear ya, Mamma!! I love that scarf; I may have to search for one. :) You are not the last one to try the sausage dish...include me in that list!!

Happy Weekend!

Jenna said...

Hey! Stopping by from the link-up. That honey citrus syrup look amazingly southing. And that verse is great!
Happy Friday!

emily said...

Cute scarf! I hope you feel better...

Jodi said...

Love that camo scarf. Hope you get better soon so your lil lady doesn't catch it.

Mateya said...

Ah hope you feel better soon! Hayden and I both caught the crud when we were gone on our trip :(

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Did the honey concoction work Katie? If so, I'll be trying asap!

The Modern Tulip said...

It's so hard not to take struggles upon ourselves because we always have to be in control. Giving it to the Lord and attaining His grace is the sweetest gift.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sara said...

Jacqs is getting so tall! It's crazy!
Hope you feel better soon! I'm keeping that recipe in mind if I ever go down with what would be my second cold of the year!
Sara
Life with Baby Sophia

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

that spicy sausage...your scarf...and that Scripture! so many "S" things that i love so much in this post!!!! :)

xx
elise

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Yes, I'm with you there- toddlers are so tiring!! I'm beat tonight. I put her to bed a little earlier because I was so exhausted! Hope you feel better soon.

Katie @ Midwestern Charm said...

New to your blog! I wish I would have known about those cold remedies a few days earlier- I could have used it this week! Also- I have tried the spicy pasta- SO GOOD! And, I'm sure the plain tomatoes would be just fine :)

Katie
midwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com

Jen said...

So much cuteness in this post....love Jacqs converse shoes and your scarf! Love that scripture! Thanks for that reminder!

Anonymous said...

Stopping in from the link-up! Love love love your scarf!! That sausage pasta recipe is incredible and so easy!! I think it would be great with plain tomatoes! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...