Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby Galu #2--His Name

When it came to naming our little man, it proved to be a little more difficult than naming our girl. I knew I wanted a strong, one syllable name, and Rob pretty much shot down 80% of my choices immediately ;) Slade was one that Rob mentioned really early on, and we just kept going back to it. I don't know any Slade's in "real life," and it just felt right to us after considering it for a couple months before officially making the announcement that it would be our son's name! His middle name will be Robert...after his daddy, of course.
Seeing these shirts that Leah made for our littles brought on one of those HOLY CRAP!! moments that I've been having lately. It seems like everyone says the transition from 1 to 2 kids is the most difficult, so I really have no idea what to expect. I know that we'll adjust and find our new normal, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared ;) Thankfully, the timing of this baby could not be better. Thanks, God! Rob's Christmas break will be around the corner, so we may be on our own (with GG & Pop help though!) for a week or two, but then daddy will be home with us for 2 full weeks. I'm so excited about that!

Slade, we are SO READY to meet you and kiss your sweet face!!!

2 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

Love the name! I think it was much harder to go from 0-1 kid than 1-2 kids. Much different challenges, but at least I knew what to expect the second time around. And I was much more laid back the second time.

Stephanie said...

I was wondering where Slade came from. I've never heard it before so he will be a first for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...