Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm still here!

Disclaimer: marathon post :)


Whew, the last several days have been BUSY but FUN! On Friday my brother & Nicole came in town for the weekend, so I spent the day hanging out with my awesome family! My mom's birthday was last week and mine is coming up this week, so KB & Nicole made us a delicious birthday dinner!


My grandparents came over too!



We just had a relaxing family day/night...we missed Rob though! He was at the scrimmage in Amarillo.


Lexi's birthday was also last week, so a few of her friends from college came in town for a girls weekend! We spent most of Saturday afternoon hanging out in the pool, then we went out to dinner and to an Aaron Watson concert Saturday night. It was so much fun! The boys even got to join us that night :) There's nothing better than a West Texas Saturday night spent with fun friends and two-steppin' the night away! I hope you had the best birthday, Lex! LYLAS ;)

Sunday morning was breakfast at my parents' house before KB & Nicole were to head back home. We had a breakfast of champions and spent a little more time together while everyone was available. After KB & Nicole left, Dad went to play golf, and Rob left for work, Mom & I ran to Bealls because they were having a HUGE sale. I don't normally shop there, but they had some good stuff! I got all of the shirts below for Rob, a swimsuit for me and some athletic shorts all for $56! I even went back today and got some Nine West jeans for $11 and a cute dress for $9! I love bargains!!

After some bargain hunting, Mom & I went swimming with our favorite munchkin...Natalie of course! She is at such a fun age right now. She'll be 3 soon, so she's really becoming her own little person with lots of personality and sweet spunk. She has become a little fish over the summer! She gets diving rings from the bottom of the deep end of the pool and swims on her own! (With monitoring of course...ha!) I'm so impressed she's swimming without floaties! So proud of that little one.

After swimming I rushed home to bake cookies for the coaches! I made them every Sunday last year, so they've been asking me if I was going to do the same this year...and how could I say no?

KB & Nicole brought the cupcakes (even GF for me! So sweet!) they will serve at their wedding, so my mom had this box from those and I added a little note for the guys. I'm sure they all noticed ;)

I got the nickname "cookie katie" last year. Four dozen funfettis coming right up!


And that brings me to today...it was my LAST FIRST day of school! Wooohooo! Such a good feeling! In reality it probably won't be my last first day because I want to get my Master's, but it will be for a little while anyway! I'm a little nervous about the semester, but I know it will be over before I know it and I will have a degree in Biology! Exciting stuff.

I hope all you teachers (and students) out there had a great first day!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Katie, I'm so glad y'all had a fun weekend! T saw your cute cookies when I picked up the leftover strawberry shortcake. Aren't we the sweet little wives?!
Hope your last school year is smooth sailing!!! Have a good week.
Love you!

Stephanie said...

such a cute label for those cookies! :) and congrats on your last sememster - how awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...