Sunday, October 3, 2010

weekend & a recipe!

This weekend has been pretty low key, and it's been so nice! It was our open week, so we didn't have a game on Friday...it was really weird to be hanging out with Rob on a Friday night. Several of the coaches and their wives/fiances/girlfriends decided we should all go out together, so we went to a local place called The Warehouse which happens to be owned by a fellow c-wife and her sister! We had a blast, but I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures :( Maybe someone will post some on Facebook soon and I'll put them up :)

Saturday I did my usual lunch & shopping with my mom and her BFF! I got miss Natalie a couple things for her upcoming 3rd birthday! I can't believe she'll already be 3.

Today I'm just hanging out and enjoying this awesome fall weather! It's only about 65 right now which feels almost cold to this Texan! Ha...pretty sad, right?

It has felt good to be schedule and fly-free this weekend! Oh, and I got an A on that 30 minute presentation I had to give last week...wooohooo!! So glad it's over.

I added a few more pumpkins to my porch, so I took a better picture...


And I got a pedicure on Friday...look at my scaaaary toes (eyeballs)...

Haha, the girl I go to is so awesome at what she does...she can put just about anything on your toes! I love to have holiday/themed toes if you couldn't already tell from previous pictures I've posted of my toes :) I'm sure a lot of people think it's cheesy or juvenile, but I really love it! It makes me happy.

I also mentioned this Better-for-you Chicken Parmesan recently, so here is the recipe. It was SO good, and you don't have to feel guilty about eating it.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 of a medium onion, diced
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cans whole tomatoes (Italian style)
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. red pepper flake
4 slices of mozzarella cheese (or use grated)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 lb of whatever pasta you like
EVOO, S&P

Start by heating your grill to medium-high heat. Prepare chicken breasts by flattening them out until they're all of equal thickness (or thinness, really). Coat the chicken with a little olive oil and S&P. Place on grill and cook through, flipping once...about 8-10 minutes total. In the meantime, heat a medium-sized sauce pot over medium-high heat, saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil and season with S&P. Once those have cooked down, add the tomatoes, sauce and red pepper flakes. Cover and let the sauce cook together for a few minutes. Boil the pasta according to package directions. Once the chicken and sauce are done, turn on your oven's broiler to high. Arrange the grilled chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking sheet and top with a little sauce. Place the 2 cheeses on top of the sauce and broil until the cheese gets bubbly and brown. Plate the chicken on top of the pasta with some extra sauce. Serve & Enjoy!


2 comments:

Mateya said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Good job on your presention...such a relief I am sure :)

Michelle said...

yumm!! i'll be trying that soon, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...