Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Curtain Story

If I'm being honest with myself, one of the things that really drew me to our new house when I looked at it for the first time was the way it was decorated. Whoever lived here before us had great taste, and I really loved their style. One of the first things on my list of "to-dos" for this house was to mimic the previous owner's window treatments in the living room. Because I'm a copy cat. Oh well. Anyway...my mom and I found the perfect linen-y curtain panels at K*Mart of all places. I seriously don't think I've ever purchased anything from there, so I couldn't believe it!
One evening while I was at work, Rob and my mom hung all the curtains to surprise me! I was a happy girl when I came home that night :)
Living room with the dining room on the other side...

Not bad for $17.99 a pair, eh?

We found super cheap (and cute!) curtain rods at Ross...

And there's the cowhide I got for Christmas! Further proof of my copy-catness. Several of my friends had them long before me, and I just had to have one too!

The curtains in the bedroom are the same K*Mart curtains, just in a slightly darker shade. They go really well with our new bedding...

For the first time since we have been married, I love our bedding!

Found that cute quilt at Marshall's...

I really like how light our bedroom is now. Previously we've had pretty bold colors in our room, and I'm just over that right now.

And since there aren't really any "completed" rooms in our house right now, I will share the one that is. Since our other house is still on the market, we are keeping it staged, thus all the unfinished rooms.
Anyway, we have a combo laundry room and pantry off the kitchen. I painted the pantry portion "turquoise tint" and stapled wrapping paper along the back wall...and voila! Fun pantry! Of course, my mom found cute laundry baskets to complete the cuteness.






As I get more rooms finished, I will post pictures!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Love it! I love how you painted the pantry area turquoise! Awesome deal on curtain :)

molly said...

looking great!! so fun seeing what you are doing in your new home!

yarger gal said...

i LOVE the wrapping paper on the back wall, super cute idea!!!!

Mateya said...

It looks awesome! And I love your bedding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...