Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wedded Bliss

Last weekend, one of my dearest friends got married! Kaila and I met in high school and have been friends ever since, despite the distance between us. She went to the University of Texas, so several hours separated us, but Kaila always made time for a lunch date with me when she would come home for visits. I'm so thankful for her friendship and I was ecstatic to be apart of she and Mark's wedding weekend!

The fun began Friday morning with a brunch at the oh-so-yummy Hickory Street Cafe! It was a relaxing morning, and I was glad to meet all of Kaila's friends from college!

Friday night was rehearsal and a DELICIOUS rehearsal dinner at The Beehive in downtown Abilene.
The happy couple listening to everyone's kind (and funny!) toasts...

Me & the bride-to-be!

After dinner, all of the wedding party went out to a little sports bar in town...

The bar owner took notice of the fact that all of us were pretty dressed up compared to most of the other bar goers, and brought out a bottle of champagne to toast the couple!


Sweet friends...

And only Kaila would be Purel-ing at a bar! HAHA! She is so "Type A" (personality, not blood) and reminds me a lot of myself, so I think it's okay that I make fun of her a bit ;)

Saturday, of course, was the BIG DAY!!
How gorgeous is my little bride?!!

So excited! Her last few moments as a "Miss"...

The ceremony was so intimate, and brought happy tears to my eyes!

Time to bustle, so we could celebrate!

First dance...

They are so adorable and so obviously crazy about each other...


My handsome date :)






Kaila,
You were a STUNNING bride, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your wedding! I so appreciate your friendship, and I know it will continue to grow as the years go by. You and Mark have a lifetime of happiness ahead; this is only the beginning!
I love you dearly, sweet friend!!


2 comments:

Mateya said...

How fun! You look so cute! And what a beautiful bride! I love friends' weddings!

Saying I do said...

Beautiful wedding! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...