Monday, July 23, 2012

weekend happenings

We had a low key but fun weekend! Rob had to go out of town for the State 7 on 7 tournament Friday/Saturday, so my parents came to hang out with Jaqsy baby and me while he was gone! She waited patiently for Grammie & G-Pop ALL day... ;)
 We had a fun little outing with our besties on Friday evening. This water-park is right up the road from our house, but we'd never been. It was so much fun! I think we'll be regulars next Summer when our girl will enjoy it a little more!
 She made a couple trips around the lazy river with mommy, and she was pooped!
Sweet thing took a 30 minute nap on me and was ready for a little more fun. She seemed to enjoy the water, but she was not a fan of being splashed by bigger kids!
 My parents arrived just in time for bath and bedtime.
Saturday's mission was to find what we needed to makeover our 'guest' bathroom. It was pretty dark in there, so I wanted to lighten it up and make it a little more kid friendly since it will eventually be Jaqs' bathroom. My mom and I were successful in finding just about everything we needed! I still need to add a few more accessories, then I'll share it. I love it!

While I was in 'DIY' mode I made a few headbands for the girl. They were so simple and took all of 5 minutes to make, so I think I'll be doing plenty more of these in different colors! I'll have to scour Pinterest to find more ideas ;)
Rob came home Saturday afternoon, so we all had dinner that night and just hung out.

Mom and I ran a couple errands on Sunday before we had lunch, then they had to go back home. That's always sad! The weekends go by WAY too fast.
Our family of 3 just spent the rest of the day hanging out and enjoying time together while we still had it. Rob is back to work now, so our days will be a little different! We'll miss him!
I picked this onesie up a few weeks ago because I knew Rob would LOVE it. That he did. So proud of his little Under Armour girl! And by the way...that's a 6-9 month onesie...WHAT?!
 And on a random note, I saw this idea on Pinterest, and it works so well that I had to share it with y'all! Put poached/boiled chicken breasts in your stand mixer to shred it rather than using two forks! So smart and MUCH faster. I get those huge family sized packages of chicken, boil it all, then shred, portion, and freeze it for quick dinners during football season. It's really nice to be able to make chicken fried rice, chicken salad, enchiladas, stuffed potatoes, etc. when you're short on time.

Hope y'all had a great weekend, friends! 

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

What if you don't have a stand mixer?!?! Waaahhh ;(

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Goodness, she is CUTE!!!!!! Love those squishy cheeks! xoxo

Loren said...

She is so adorable!! OK, how did you make that top headband, I LOVE it!!

Stephanie said...

Jaqs is getting so big!! And I can't quite figure out who she looks like more, you or Rob. Regardless, she is adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...