Wednesday, January 30, 2013

major milestone & a meal

Yep, a major milestone was achieved in the G house yesterday: baby's 1st ponytail!
Jaqsy's hair has gotten so long, and it's always hanging in her face since she won't keep her clippies in, so I decided to pull it into a little pony! Surprisingly, she kept it in all day!
 She looks a little too old with her hair like this, but it made me giggle every time I looked at her. My little pebbles baby...so precious!!

*******
Switching gears here, but I had to share this delicious meal with y'all! We're pretty healthy eaters (most of the time) over here, but sometimes I find myself getting bored with the same ol', same ol'. I've been trying to get creative lately, and this one was a winner!
Honey Mustard Salmon:
Saute 2 salmon fillets in coconut oil over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. At the end of cooking, add 1 T each of honey & whole grain mustard. Combine and let it caramelize over the salmon.
Roasted Veggies:
Chop up carrots, sweet potatoes, & brussel sprouts & season with olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread out on a lined cookie sheet & roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Coconut Rice:
Cook brown rice according to package directions, but sub coconut milk for water. For extra coconut flavor, add a couple teaspoons of coconut oil.

I think I could eat this every night! It was tasty!

6 comments:

Emily Marie said...

oh my gosh so freakin adorable:) I can't wait till Stell has enough hair for that!!!

Unknown said...

OMG your precious "pebbles" is so adorable!!! & that food looks delicious and I'm not a salmon or brussels sprouts fan!

JennOvey said...

I love the pony! So adorable. The food looks delicious, I LOVE brussel sprouts!

Sara McCarty said...

OH MY! Look at that ponytail! I'm dying! It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. My ovaries just exploded.

Beth Ann said...

This looks yummy, minus the brussel sprouts. ;) That coconut rice sounds delish...unfortunately I married a man that doesn't like coconut. Lame.

Love the Pebbles pony.

Heather said...

Omg, I die. LOVE the Pebbles look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...